Topic 4: Describe a child that you know
You should say:
My grandfather had been the father of six children and later on when they became parents, the family grew up quite large. In our joint family there are several children and among them the youngest boy of my elder sister is the one I'd like to talk about. He is 4-5 years old and is my most favourite nephew. His name is Minh Khang and I call him Cún. I still remember the day he came in to this world and I chose to name him Minh Khang. He lives with his parents in a different city and they visit us almost 3-4 times each year.
From his childhood he was very cute and adorable. I loved him very much and because of my affection towards him, he became very fond of me. I usually see him with an interval of 3/4 months and each time I get the feeling that he has grown up more.
We often play hide-and-seek and cricket together with other people and kids. He loves to listen to the ghost stories, adventurous stories and fairy stories. While their stay at our home, he stays with me at night and I tell him bed time stories. We often go to walk in the field, go to open places like parks, near river and forest. He likes ice-cream and I buy him chips, ice-creams and chocolates. He loves sweet and hates to eat any pungent food. I often cuddle him, make fun with him and play with him.
My affection and love for him is acute and I love to spend time with him.
- Describe your childhood.
- What are the responsibilities of parents to help the children grow-up properly?
- Do you think children are important?
- How do you think children and teenagers are different? Do you think children today are happier than children in the past?
Being a Parent
- For parents, what is important when bringing up their child?
- What does a child need in order to develop well?
- How do you think young parents can know how to (or, learn how to) bring up their child?
- How much influence do parents have on the way their children develop?
- What influence do parents have on the way their children develop?
- Who do you think has more responsibility to take care of a child, the mother or the father?
- Do you think mothers and fathers have different roles to play in bringing up a child?
- Who (or, which) do you think is more important for a child, the mother or the father?
- Why do mothers sometimes have a job outside the home?
- Do you think it's good for a mother to also have a job?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters? *
- (If you answer "No") Would you like to have a brother or sister?
- What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages for children to have brothers and sisters (or, a brother or sister)?
- For parents, which do you think is better, to have one child or more than one?
- Do you think parents of a single child treat their child differently to the way parents who have several children treat their children?
- (Similar to above, but different) Do you think parents of a single child give their child more love than parents who have several children?
Cùng học ielts online miễn phí với trung tâm luyện thi ielts Egroup .