Topic 2: Describe a teacher who has greatly influenced you.
You should say:
I have met and liked several teachers in different years of my academic life. Among them, I considered Mr…..as my most favorite teacher. He used to teach us history in our higher secondary level.
The first attractive quality he had is his well manner and eloquence. He was a great teacher and we all liked his style of teaching. We were very surprised to know that he knew a lot about history and when he taught us, he told lots of relevant stories which made the classes more interesting. He did not believe in homework so he always gave tasks which we had to finish during our classes. Because of him, we did well in the board exam in History. Besides his great way of teaching, he taught us morality, importance of education and how to value the morality and time.
He influenced us to read books and history books outside our syllabus which turned out to be very useful later in our lives. He inspired us to read English newspapers, journals, watch history related channels, technology and history related magazines. He was talented and very friendly to the students. He never turned down anyone whenever someone asked for his help and advice. He had an athletic body and we found him often participate in different outdoor games. He inspired us to do physical exercises and outdoor games.
In short, he was an exemplary person and an ideal teacher whom most of the students liked and respected very much. I have been greatly influenced by his punctuality, honesty, talent and good behavior. I still remember him and the advices he gave me.
- What method of learning works best for you?
- How beneficial do you think it is to group students according to their ability?
- What qualities does a good teacher require?
- Has education in your country changed in the last 10 years?
- What changes do you think will happen in the future?
- What changes would you recommend to improve the education system?
- How do the ambitions of current school leavers compare with those of the previous generation?
- What role do you think extracurricular activities play in education?
- What is the role of the school in modern society?