Topic 5: Describe a place where you go shopping for clothes.
You should say:
The shopping center that I often go to and would like to talk about is………………. This is the largest shopping center of the city and is probably the most popular one. This shopping center is at the middle of the city and is 20 storied. You can find almost everything in this shopping center and the price and quality of the products make it a popular shopping mall where people from all classes come to shop. You name it and you can find it here; from grocery shop to 3d cinema, food court to play ground, gym and thousands of shopping shops are there. The market authority imposes a strict rule about the quality and price and that's why you can find products at a reasonable price here. The neat and clean environment, the rigid security, the arranged shops and shopping convenience are the main reasons I visit this shopping mall very often. There is a dedicated floor only for social gathering and there you can sit and talk to your friends as long as you like.
I go there almost 2-3 times in a months. If there are more shopping to do or before any festival I go there more than 2-3 times. I go there not only for shopping but also some times for social gathering, party, to have lunch or dinner or to watch a movie.
There are many positive reasons why this shopping center is popular among the visitors and shoppers including security, reasonable price, shopping convenience, position of the shopping center, and convenience of parking, open space and neat environments. The interior and exterior of the shopping mall is very attractive. In the front of the building you will find a large open space; like a big park or garden. You can seat there for a long and no one is going to ask you to go away.
- Do you like going shopping? (Why?/Why not?)
- Why do some people like shopping and others not like it?
- What kinds of people dislike shopping? (Why?) (One example: men often dislike shopping)
- Why are men not very interested in window shopping?
- Why do people dislike waiting to be served or waiting in line at the supermarket checkout?
- What (different) kinds of places are there for shopping in your neighbourhood?
- (Similar to above) What different types of places for shopping does your hometown/your neighbourhood have?
- Are there any things that you can't buy in the shops near your home?
- How has shopping in Viet Nam changed in the past few decades?
- Compare big shops such as supermarkets & department stores with small shops.
- Do you prefer to shop at big stores (such as department stores and big supermarkets) or small shops? (Why?)
- What are the benefits and disadvantages of shopping at both big shops and small ones?
- Why do people dislike waiting in long lines at supermarkets and places like that?
- Do you think the increase in the number of big supermarkets and department stores will cause the eventual disappearance of the small, family-owned shops?
- What do you think are the positive and the negative aspects of having shops staying open until late at night? (Hint: People who work in the shops do not (always) have the evenings free and this is not good for family life.)
- How do you think shopping will change in the future?
- What kinds of things do people buy when they travel overseas? Hint: souvenirs
- How do you feel about bargaining when buying something?
- Do you think it's a good idea for parents to take their children with them when they go shopping?
Other Ways to Buy Things
- Do you know any other ways to do your shopping? (Hint: Internet shopping)
- What can one do if one needs to buy something but cannot go out shopping?
- What do you think of buying things on the internet?
- Do you like buying things on-line (on the internet)? (Why?/Why not?)
- What are the advantages (and possible disadvantages) of internet shopping?
- (Similar to above) Compare the advantages and disadvantages of internet shopping and shopping in a real shop.
- What kinds of things can people buy on the internet?
- In the future, do you think most people will use the internet for shopping?
- Do you trust the people selling things on the internet?
- Is there enough security when shopping on the internet?
- Do you think internet shopping will lead to the disappearance of small shops?
- What are the different ways that things (products & services) are advertised?
- What is the most common form of advertising?
- How effective do you think it is?
- (Similar to above) When we think about people's buying behaviour, how influential do you think advertising is?
- What influence does advertising have on consumers?
- How has advertising influenced the way you do your shopping?
- What influence does advertising have on on-line shoppers?
- What do you think is the most effective form of advertising?
- Do you think advertising should be aimed at children? (Why?/Why not?)
- Can you recall any examples of advertising aimed at children? (Give an example. This question seems to be like a very short Part 2. If you can't think of a real example, invent one.)
- What do you thinks can (or, should) do to help their children understand these advertisements?
- Is misleading (or, dishonest) advertising very common in Viet Nam?
- What should the government do to solve this problem?
Do you think that would be easy to do