Topic 4: Describe a restaurant that you enjoyed going to.
You should say:
The name of my favourite restaurant is ……………… and it’s situated in the centre place of the city I am currently living in. Not only I like the spacious, serene environment, tasty menus that the restaurant serves, but I have lots of memories related to this restaurant. I remember that my parents celebrated some of my birthday parties there, our college friends arranged the get-together parties, one of my cousins’ marriage anniversary was celebrated there and I attended lots of other parties at this very restaurant.
The restaurant has 3 floors and the sitting arrangement is quite nice. Paintings of famous artists have been hanging on the walls and the place is quite neat and clean. The interior decoration is charming and gorgeous feeling. The ground floor is spacious and can accommodate more than 50 cars' parking. The front view of the restaurant is different as the place gives the impression of an urban garden.
The restaurant offers several dishes including exotic desserts, ice-creams and also offers a separate place for the kids to play and have fun. The prices are reasonable and the foods are served quickly as opposed to some other restaurants where you will have to wait for a long for your foods to appear on your table. The waiters and other staffs are friendly and welcoming. The restaurant offers Chinese, Thai and local menus that give you a wide range of options to pick from. The soft background music and instrumentals make the environment more enjoyable and soothing. The tables are not congested and people can chat over their personal topics without interruption. The long glass made windows offer the city view which makes the place worth visiting besides the delicious foods. The place must be a good place to be as I often found the foreign tourists visiting the restaurant. The authority lets the customers provide their feedbacks and comments on foods and the place and as I have noticed they take prompt action on a customer complaint.
In short, this is a really nice restaurant to go and enjoy the delicious meals.
Diet and Health
- Do you think there is any connection between food and health?
- What kinds of food are most popular in Viet Nam?
- Do you think the most delicious food is also the most nutritious?
- Do you think that the most popular food is also the most nutritious food?
- Is Vietnamese food very nutritious?
- What foods are most nutritious and what food are not very nutritious?
- Do you think that people should eat more healthy food?
- Are there many vegetarians in Viet Nam?
- Why do you think they don't eat meat?
- Do you think it is good that there is so much food readily available in shops, restaurants and other places like that?
- In Viet Nam, have people's eating habits changed much in the past few years?
- Besides Vietnamese food, what other kinds of food do you know about?
- Is Western food very popular in Viet Nam?
- Why do you think food such as pizza is popular?
- Why do children like Western style fast food?
- Do you think advertising has an effect on what foods people eat?
- Do you think that junk food should be banned?
- (Possibly the above questions is: Do you think the advertising of junk food should be banned? Or: Do you think the advertising of junk food should be better regulated?)
- Compared to several years ago, do you think there has been a change in people's attitudes towards healthy eating?
- Who should be responsible for educating the public about correct nutrition - schools, the government or parents?
- What measures should be taken to increase public awareness of proper nutrition?
Technology and Food Production
- How has technology changed the food production process?
- Do you think the government should be concerned with food production and the sale of food?
Restaurants & the Food they Serve
- Are there many restaurants near your home/school/university/work?
- What (different) types of restaurants are there in your hometown?
- What kinds of eating places are there at your school/university?
- Does Vietnamese family often go to a restaurant to eat?
- What are the most popular kinds of restaurant in Viet Nam today?
- How have restaurants in Viet Nam changed in the last few (e.g. 20) years?
- What are some of the factors that make a restaurant a good one?
- (Similar to above) What makes a restaurant a famous one (or a popular one)?
- (Similar to above) If you had your own cafe, how would you run it?
- Is foreign food (international food) very popular in Viet Nam?
- (Similar to above) Are there any restaurants serving foreign food in your hometown?
- Why do you think some people like the food from a particular country?
- Does the food in the restaurant you just talked about (in Part 2) taste different to Western food? (Compare the two)
- How is restaurant food different to home cooking?
- Do you think multi-national restaurant companies such as KFC are changing the food culture of Viet Nam?
- What personal qualities (and skills) are necessary for working in a restaurant?
- Do you think the spread of such restaurants is a good thing?
- In Viet Nam, what is the social significance of eating out with others? (i.e., eating in restaurants with others)
- (Similar to above) In Vietnamese culture, what are some examples of important occasions when people eat together in restaurants?
- (Similar to above) What are some different reasons why people (not family members) eat together in a restaurant?
- Is it important in Vietnamese culture to eat (out) with other people? ('Eat out' means to eat at a place such as a restaurant, out of your home.)
- There is a lot of leftover food in restaurants. What do you think is the best way to dispose of this food?
- Do people in Viet Nam often go to coffee shops?
Xem thêm những Speaking ielts sample để ghi điểm cao trong từng topic nhé !!!