famous museum ( p2)
Visiting Historic Sites
- What are some of the famous historical places in your country and where they are located?
- Are there any historical sites in (or near) your hometown?
- What are the different types of historic sites in Viet Nam?
- Do people in your country prefer visiting historic sites to visiting natural places such as rivers, beaches and mountains?
- What kinds of historic sites are most popular for visiting in your country?
- Do people like to look at historical monuments?
- What places would you recommend people visit if they want to know about the history of your city (or town or area)? (Use "would", not "will" in your answer.)
- (Similar to above) What historical places in Viet Nam would you recommend foreigners visit? (Use "would", not "will" in your answer.)
The Popularity of Visiting Historic Sites
- Do many people today visit historic sites?
- Why do people visit historical sites?
- What kinds of people are interested in visiting historic sites?
- Who do you think prefers to visit historic sites, older people or young people (or, children)?
- Do children like visiting historic places?
- (Similar to above) Do young people like visiting historic places?
- How do you think historic places could be made more attractive for young people?
- (Similar to above) Can you suggest any ways to make historic sites more attractive (or, interesting) for those people who are not very interested in visiting these places? (Best to say "could", not "can" in your answer.)
- Do you think fewer people today are visiting historic sites and museums, compared to the past?
- Why do you think some people don't visit historical places?
- (Similar to above) Why do some people dislike visiting historic sites?
Getting Information about Historic Sites
- How do people learn about (or know about) these historical places? (= How do people get information about the existence of these historical places?)
- (Similar to above) How do people first find out about these historic sites?
- (Similar to above) How can people get information about historic sites?
- How do they go to these places?
Paying to Enter a Historic Site
- Do you think people should have to pay to enter these historic sites?
- Do you think the entry fees at these historic sites are reasonable?
- Do you think children should have to pay to enter a historic site?
- (Similar to above) Do you think students and retired people should have to pay to enter a historic site?
The Importance of Historic Sites
- What is the importance of these historical places for people today?
- Do you think most people visit historical sites because they want to learn something or do they just go there for fun?
- What can people learn from visiting these sites?
The Value of Knowing History
- Do you think it's important to study history? (Why?/Why not?)
- (Similar to above) Do you think it's important for people to know the history of their own country?
- What would a person (or, people) lose if they didn't know anything about the history of their own country (or culture or people)?
- What (various) methods do (can) people use to get information about history?
- (Similar to above) Through what channels do people get their understanding of (their perception of) history?
- Do people learn about history in school?
- What about TV?
- Which do you think gives a more reliable account of history, school or TV?
- Do you think history learned in school is completely reliable?
- Are people in Viet Nam more interested in modern history or ancient history?
- Which do you think is more important to know about, modern history or ancient history?
- Who are some of the most important people in the history of your country?
- How important do you think old photographs are as a source of information about history?
- Sometimes the interpretation of history changes over time. Can you suggest any reasons why that happens?
- Do you think people generally have an objective view of events that have occurred in history?
- In the future, when historians write about (or discuss) the 20th century (1900 - 1999), what do you think they will say?
- Can you suggest any ways to make the subject of history more interesting to young people (and children)?
Teaching History in School
- What do you think is the value of teaching history in school?
- If school children think history is a boring subject, how can a teacher make it seem more interesting?
- Do you think it is a good idea to use audio-visual materials such as video or films to make the subject of history seem more interesting? (Hint: Popular films do not usually give not accurate portrayals of history.)
- Do people in Viet Nam like to visit history museums?
- How important you think museums are for giving people information about history?
- What kinds of museums do Vietnamese people like?
- Do you think museums should charge entry fees (or should they be free)?
- In what other ways could museums get money?
Popular Films (and TV) and the Portrayal of History Frequent Topic
- Do you think TV programs focusing on history can encourage people's interest in history?
- Do you think such programs might cause people to want to visit these places or, on the other hand, cause people not to visit these places because they have already seen them on TV?
- Do you think TV is a good medium for informing people about history?
- Do you think watching movies (about historical events / with historical content) can help people's understanding of history?
- Do you think that films have influenced peoples' understanding of (or, perception of) what happened in the past? (If yes, what effect & how?)
- Do you think films always give a complete and true (or, an accurate) version of history?
- Do you think film makers should give an accurate portrayal of history (or is it ok to make changes to what really happened for the sake of entertainment?)
- (Similar to above) Do you think it's good to change history in films or should films always reflect what really happened in history?
- (Similar to above) Do you feel that film-makers have a responsibility to portray history accurately?
- Cùng học ielts online miễn phí với trung tâm luyện thi ielts Egroup .