Topic 6: Describe your favorite season or time of the year.
You should say:
My most favorite season is fall and I love everything about it. Usually it starts at the end of Aug in our country and lasts till the middle of Nov.
The weather is best during fall and you won't feel the heat of summer or the cold wind of winter. The nature arranges itself with the beautiful green and flowers are noticed all around the places.
I like the scenic beauty, charming weather, festivities and freshness of this season. This is a distinctive season and is known as the queen of seasons in our country. The newly grown green leaves of trees, the colorful flowers, the chirping of the birds and crisp and mild air of fall are some of the noticeable changes in our country. After the hot summer ends, the falls comes and people in our country love this season.
Fall is season that marks the transition from summer into winter and the night falls later than winter. The farmers start harvesting seeds in this season and they become quite active during this season.
I usually get vacation at the beginning of the fall and visit my hometown. This is a perfect vacation for me as my hometown becomes even more beautiful. Because of geographical location and culture, we have 2-3 major festival during this time and people enjoys the festivals and weathers.
The Effects of Different Climates on People
- In what ways does the climate (or, weather) affect people?
- Do you think the climate can affect people's mood?
- Does climate have any effects on the economy?
- How is the climate in South Vietnam different to the climate in North Vietnam?
- Does the climate in different places (such as the north and the south) affect the design of buildings in these different places?
- Compare the differences between the lifestyle of people in very hot weather and the lifestyle of people in very cold weather.
- What do you think is the most suitable temperature for humans to live in?
- Which do you think is better, to live in a place with four distinct seasons or live in a place where the seasons are not so different?
- Do you think the seasons have an effect on the economy of a place?
- Do you think people who live in a warm, mild climate are more relaxed than people who live in either a very cold or a very hot climate?
- Some people say that, if you live in a city, it doesn't matter too much what the climate is like. Do you agree?
- In what ways is outdoor work in very hot weather different to outdoor work in very cold weather?
- In general, do you think people like places that have a lot of rain?
- What are the differences between the weather in Spring and the weather in Autumn?
- Do you think climate change is an important topic?
- How do other people in Vietnam feel about this topic?
- What do you know about Global Warming?
- What do you know about The Greenhouse Effect?
- What do you think the effects of Global Warming (or, climate change) will (or, might) be?
- What do you think can be done to prevent (or, to slow down) Global Warming?
- What can the average person do to help prevent (or, to slow down) Global Warming?
- Do you think weather forecasts are very important?