Topic 2: Describe an item of clothing that you often wear.
I purchase my own clothes most of the time and there are many dresses I really like to wear and among them the leather jacket that I have is my most favorite. This is a brown colored stylish jacket that I purchased 2 years ago. I bought it from an expensive brand shop which mainly sells winter dresses.
After I moved to the capital city, I found my old winder dresses to become backdated and I was planning to purchase a new one. The jacket I bought is really a favourite piece of clothing I have in my collection. I bought it mainly because I needed a new cloth for the winter season and this one looked very stylish and seemed like made by good materials. I wandered in several shops and markets and was having a hard time finding a stylish and good looking jacket. All of a sudden this one caught my eyes and after trying it in the trial room, I instantly decided to purchase it.
I wear it only the winter season and this jacket gives me warmth I need to protect from the chilly and cold weather. I like it very much as it goes with my choice and need. Some of my friends appreciated this piece of cloth and they inquired where I purchased it from. I can wear it with both the casual and formal dresses and that gives me a good advantage. Besides fashion, this cloth offers utilitarian values as well. I feel comfortable and protected in this dress and it did not cost me a lot.
I don’t have a huge collection of dresses and I do not purchase dresses that I would not wear. But sometimes I find myself in dilemma when I purchase a dress and later on find it very ordinary. But this leather jacket was exceptional. I have felt a great joy after I purchased it and still this is the best winter jacket I have. For all those reasons this dress has become my most favourite piece of cloth I own.
Shopping in Vietnam - Customer Service
- Are the services in big stores and small ones the same?
- In Vietnam, do people who work in shops have a good attitude about customer service?
- If a shop assistant (US = sales clerk) refused to allow you to exchange a faulty product or refused to give you a refund, would you buy anything from that shop again?
- What services should shops provide?
- Is after-sales service provided in Vietnam for products such as cars, electrical appliances etc?
- Which do you think is more important in a shop, service or the quality of the goods? (Why?)
- Is customer service important? (= How important is customer service?)
- Is there any special consumer protection office in Vietnam where people can report their problems?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of big shops such as supermarkets and department stores?
- What kind of shop do people in Vietnam prefer to use?
- Do you prefer to buy things in big shops or small shops such as convenience stores?
- How can supermarkets and department stores attract more customers (or retain customers)?
- (As above) How does (or can) a department store build up a good reputation?
- How do you think customers could influence big shops to improve their customer service?
- How do people pay for their purchases in supermarkets?
- What rights do you think consumers have (or should have)?
- Most people would agree that both buyers and sellers have their own rights and interests, but often the interests of the seller and those of the buyer are in conflict with each other. How can the rights and interests of both groups be protected?
- What qualities do shop assistants (US = store clerks) need to have?
- In Vietnam, are most products hand-made or machine made?
- Do you think it is good that so many things are machine-made?
- Can you think of any hand-made products? (Hint: handicrafts, tourist souvenirs)
- What are the differences between (advantages & disadvantages of) machine-made and hand-made goods? (What are the good points and shortcomings of each?) (Or: What is the difference in quality between hand-made and machine-made products?)
- Do people prefer machine-made or hand-made products?
- What handmade products do you think will still be popular in the future?
- How do you think we can be confident of the quality of things that we buy?
- Can you think of any Vietnamese brand names that you can always trust to be of good quality? How about some foreign brands?
- Do you think that consumers have rights? (What rights?)
- Whose rights do you think need more government protection, the rights of the sellers or the rights of the buyers? (Why?)
- How can the rights and interests of consumers be protected? (What measures can the government take to protect the rights and interests of consumers?)
- What is the situation regarding consumers' rights in Vietnam?
- How do you feel about food additives that are in the food before you buy it? (What are the good & bad points about food additives?)
Xem thêm những Speaking ielts sample để ghi điểm cao trong từng topic nhé !!!